...my journey through the valleys and over the mountains as i learn to live with the 'new' reality of losing xavier ian. this is a place i can jot down thoughts, feelings, and things i am learning through this journey of life.

if my dreams came true...

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

since the nightmare began...

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Friday, December 4, 2009

'my world' drawn 8.20.2009

since losing xavier ian i have used journaling and expressive art to help grieve, cope, and heal. i drew the first 'my world' drawing in august. here it is...the captions explain the details of the drawing.

From your album:
"expressive art"

i drew 'my world' on 8.20.2009
the entire world is drawn in words...


~ the blank stars are bright spots that i have yet to discover on this journey...something so very important, but i do not know that yet.



~ i am swimming in a sea of grief



~ i am surrounded by my universe of hope



~ the squiggles in the middle of the islands are flowers to represent growth



~ notice some stars fall off the page to represent that they are from my past or going with me into the future




~ bright spot in my universe of hope - my beautiful friend april from college




~ bright spot in my universe of hope - my encouraging friend tonya from college



~ bright spot - journal
i journal a lot...more so after we first lost xavier ian, but i still journal a few times a week




~ bright spot - singing & music
i love to sing...there's just something very healing about singing praise and worship music to God in prayer



~ bright spot - parents sharing hope
this is a support group i attend of parents that have lost a baby/babies through miscarriage, stillbirth, or early infant death




~ bright spot - matt




island of hope - family
as i swim in my sea of grief...
i am very near my family island.
xavier is the center of my world and i have joy surrounding me because i am a christian. the butterflies and cross also represent my faith.




island of hope - oaklawn
i work at oaklawn and have had much support from co-workers...it has been such a blessing




island of hope - faith, God, church
everything on this island helps to support me and grow



continent of andy - my husband, my rock



~ continent of michael - i continue to grow and keep on keeping on


~ continent of andi - again i continue to grow and keep on keeping on




xavier is the center of 'my world'
i am surrounded by growth and support
there is a whirlpool of joy that i occasionally find near xavier



No comments:

Post a Comment